About Us

Established in Portugal in the year of 1808, from the merger between two insurance companies: Fidelidade-Mundial and Império-Bonança, Fidelidade – Companhia de Seguros, S.A. (hereinafter referred to as “Fidelidade”) is one of the oldest insurance companies in Europe.

Today, Fidelidade is the market leader in Portugal, both in life and non-life segments, with the largest commercial network in the country with over 8,000 agents. Its strategy for expansion and internationalization already takes place in Spain, France, Luxembourg, Cape Verde, Angola, Mozambique, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Chile and in the Macao SAR. With 2.3 million customers in Portugal and more than 7 million worldwide, Fidelidade conducts its activity with a “Customer Centric Approach” strategy and, through a distribution network and channels of high dimension, assuring an integrated and personalized experience to its customers, for the different channel used.

During the past 212 years, Fidelidade has been serving its clients with the highest quality of insurance service, playing an extraordinary role in areas of social responsibility namely in the protection of lives, property and in the security of people's well-being, safeguarding the stability of society, insuring key infrastructure development projects, boosting the economy, and providing its customers with an innovative offer.

In the Macao SAR, Fidelidade is duly authorized to perform insurance activities through two branches for life (including private pension funds) and non-life insurance businesses since 1999, servicing Macao with a diversified range of solutions for the protection of individual customers and companies.

May 2014 stands out for the change in the shareholder control of Fidelidade corresponding to the acquisition of an 80% share capital and voting rights by the Fosun Group for an aggregate consideration of Euro 1.36 billion. It is one of the largest private-owned conglomerates in China, its business covers a number of areas including real estate, health care, tourism, medicine, insurance, finance, communications and advertising. During year 2014 the share position of Fosun Group was further increased to almost 85% by acquisition of additional shares, fulfilling its investment plan in Fidelidade. The remaining share of 15% belongs to the strategic business partner of Fidelidade, Caixa Geral de Depósitos (the largest financial institution in Portugal, wholly owned by the Portuguese State).

In Oct 2015, a new subsidiary is formally incorporated in Macao, the Fidelidade Macau – Insurance Company Limited (referred hereafter as “Fidelidade Macau”), with a share capital of MOP160,000,000.00 (one hundred and sixty million patacas), showing the strong commitment of Fidelidade in developing the insurance business in Macao. In this context, Fidelidade Macau replaces the branch Fidelidade – Insurance Company Limited (Non-Life) in transacting non-life business in Macao.

In March 2020, after 21 years providing life insurance and pension fund services in Macau as a branch of Fidelidade – Companhia de Seguros S.A. (a company incorporated and registered in Portugal), a local Life Insurance Company was incorporated upon the approval of the Macao Government Authorities, to be named Fidelidade Macau Life – Insurance Company Limited (referred hereafter as “Fidelidade Macau Life”), assuring a more relevant and stronger corporate presence in the region.

In January 2021, Moody’s Investors Service (Moody’s) assigned an A3 insurance financial strength rating (IFSR) to Fidelidade Macau, which is an important achievement that reflects the strong underwriting profitability and capitalization of the company, along with its prudent investment allocation. The outlook is stable, reflecting Moody's expectation that Fidelidade Macau will maintain its robust level of risk-adjusted capitalisation in the next 12-18 months. The Credit Rating assigned by Moody’s, is a remarkable accomplishment for the Company and for the Macao SAR

More information about us:

Fidelidade (Portugal): www.fidelidade.pt

Fosun International Limited: www.fosun.com

Caixa Geral de Depósitos (CGD): www.cgd.pt